TRAINING LINK FOR TELETHERAPY PROVIDERS: Webinar by Lanette Trainham, MS, CCC-SLP – Telepractice/ Telehealth Providers Training in Early Intervention
WHAT IS TELEHEALTH: Telehealth is the delivery of early intervention services using distance technology, typically computers, when the therapist and child and caregiver are not in the same physical location. Service providers include speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, dietitian, service coordinators and early intervention specialists.
If you agree to get any of your ECI services via telehealth, you will be asked to sign a Consent for Telehealth and a Consent to Record and Release. You have:
- the option to refuse the delivery of early intervention services via the telehealth method at any time without affecting your right to in-person services and without risking the loss or withdrawal of any early childhood intervention service to which your child and you would otherwise be entitled.
- All applicable confidentiality protections, as defined in the “Procedural Safeguards Related to Prior Written Notice and Consent” sheet and ECI Parent Handbook, shall apply to the services.
- access to all early childhood intervention information resulting from the sessions conducted via telehealth as provided by applicable law for parental access to your child’s record
CLICK HERE: A great video that explains Early Intervention Teletherapy that aired on Good Morning America!
- Improve caregiver skills in fostering their child’s communication by focusing intervention on caregiver-child interactions.
- Convenient way to receive ECI visits!
- Increase therapy visits with a licensed therapist or credentialed early intervention specialist.
- Reduce cancellations due to a family member’s minor illness or provider minor illness.
- Reduce cancellations due to weather.
- Save program costs associated with travel to homes.
We want to make sure you understand that your privacy is important to us and that your information will be secure. As with any service, there may be potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- The internet connection used may not be sufficient (e.g., poor picture or sound quality, dropped connections, or audio interference) to allow for effective interaction.
- The computer must be stored in a safe place to prevent damage.
- Security protocols of the internet connection could fail, causing a breach of privacy of confidential clinical/medical information (e.g., all internet access must be password protected).
Link to a webinar for families on Telehealth from The National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM)
The National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM) Tele-intervention Information page
Texas Medicaid Provider Procedures Manual regarding telehealth services: Volume 2: Telecommunication Services Handbook
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Position Statement on Telepractice
Texas Speech Language Pathology Practice Rules SUBCHAPTER V. TELEHEALTH
Texas Occupational Therapy Practice Guidelines Title 3, Subtitle H, Chapters 452 and 454, Occupations Code(Effective March 2018):
Texas Physical Therapy Practice Guidelines Title 3, Subtitle H, Chapter 322, Practice: Telehealth.
Texas Administrative Code regarding ECI Telehealth: TAC- Title 40, Part 2, Ch. 108, Subchapter K: Service Delivery.
TAC Title 40, Part 2, Ch. 108, Subchapter A: RULE §108.103 (41) Telehealth services–Healthcare services, other than telemedicine medical services, delivered by a health professional licensed, certified or otherwise entitled to practice in Texas and acting within the scope of the health professional’s license, certification, or entitlement to a patient at a different physical location than the health professional using telecommunications or information technology.
Start Up Information for ECI programs
NEW: 6 Tips for Effective Tele-Intervention
Link to Provider Forms More How To navigate telehealth for providers information. See also – Lanette Trainham, MS, CCC-SLP Telehealth Provider Webinar
CLICK FOR POWERPOINT: ECI Telehealth Program Start Up by Christie Shaw, ECI Program Director
CLICK HERE TO WATCH: Presentation on ECI Telehealth Program Start Up by Christie Shaw, ECI Program Director Aug 7, 2019 (Section 4. Telehealth Pilot Overview, Telehealth Guidance)
Link to SAMPLE forms for ECI Telehealth *Programs should consult their agency policies to create forms that are appropriate for their programs. They should also consult Texas Medicaid policy and licensing/credentialing policies.
Link to suggested Telehealth Training for ECI Programs
FAQ- Questions and Answers from the Start Up and Provider Telehealth webinars
Helpful links to picking software platforms:
How to Pick a Telepractice Platform
Suggested Telehealth Platforms (2019)
Lifesize Video Conferencing App
Little Lives Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Contact us: 1-800-852-2193